All of the projects featured in issue 101 were taught at our international needlework convention, Beating Around the Bush, by talented designers from Australia and around the world.
The range of techniques showcased includes crewel embroidery, counted work, stumpwork, threadpainting, beading and timeless surface embroidery. There are eight class projects to enjoy.
'Inspirations Issue 101' features the following projects:
- Summer Days by Jo ButcherDelightful garden in full bloom with busy bees flying to and from their wooden hive
- Les Amaryllis by Catherine LaurençonBeautiful threadpainted study of a stately amaryllis
- Sollerösöm by Christine P. BishopPretty pincushion and pouch worked in a Swedish counted technique
- Primavera by Nicola JarvisA noble little bird in a pear tree embellished with beads, silk and metal threads
- Jacobean Stag by Phillipa TurnbullElegant crewel panel featuring a splendid stag overlooking leafy hillocks
- Triple Treat by Hazel BlomkampSparkling brooches created with three-dimensional beaded flowers and leaves
- Fine Feathers by Anna ScottA lyrebird displays his tail in an enchanting stumpwork scene from an Australian rainforest
- Amelie by Gail DoaneGorgeous baby outfit with embroidery adorning the white jacket and turquoise blouse collar