We will try our best effort to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. We make sure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) under the laws of Hong Kong.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our website(s), we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated.
Types of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
When you visit and/or register and/or shop on the website of Shop For Needle Work (“SFN”), we will ask you to input and will collect Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Data”) from you including, but not limited to, your name, gender, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card, bank account number or other payment information, reviews, Wishlists and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .com.hk and .com), your browser type, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. Specific purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement under section 5 below, including the use of Personal Data for direct marketing. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Ordinance.
When you use any SFN Service, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site or through the other SFN Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Personal Information Collection Statement (“Statement”)
1. As a SFN customer, it will be necessary for you to provide us with your Personal Data when you apply to us and / or continue to subscribe with us for a service and / or product ("Services"). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
2. We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
3. You agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
i. providing the Services;
ii. analyzing, verifying and / or checking of your credit, payment and / or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
iii. processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and / or credit facilities requested by you;
iv. enabling the daily operation of your account and / or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Services;
v. carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behavior and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting good and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
vi. providing you with regular communications from us with details of the Services and its benefits;
vii. the normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the Services;
viii. designing new, or improving existing, Services provided by us, our subsidiaries or our affiliates to you;
ix. investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement;
x. prevention or detection of crime;
xi. disclosure as required by law;
xii. aggregated behavioral analysis.
4. We would also like to use your Personal Data (including your name, telephone number, address and email address and other information provided to us when you register) for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, SMS or the like) in relation to:
i. offers and promotions from us;
ii. offers and promotions offered by our subsidiaries and our affiliates;
iii. other offers and promotions from the third party merchants that we cooperate with to provide benefits to our customers.
Please note that we cannot use your Personal Data unless we have received your consent.
5. You have the right to:
i. check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
ii. access your Personal Data held by us;
iii. require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
iv. ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the types of Personal Data held by us.
v. opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any requests in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent
by post or email) and addressed to:
19/F Mirage Tower,
13-15 Thomson Road,
WanChai, Hong Kong
Email Address: email@example.com
6. In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall limit your rights under the Ordinance.
8. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Ordinance.